January 21, 2019
Hair Products I Swear By
The older I get the more I realize how important it is to take good care of my hair. This last year I really started seeing broken hairs on the top of my head and I went into total panic, since I’m fully aware you can’t really reverse damaged hair. Although it can’t really be fixed once broken, there are certain products that help repair and most importantly will prevent it from happening again. I knew I had to do some research and add some more products into my hair routine, so I tested out a lot this last year and these are some of my favorites for protecting, strengthening and overall styling.
1. Before washing my hair I use Olaplex Hair Protector mask twice a week. This is by far the best mask I've used for strengthening hair, the brand has a patented active ingredient, which helps broken bonds caused my heat and chemical damage to restore it and leave your hair feeling so much healthier. I swear by this stuff and couldn't live without it now. I also just started using their new shampoo and conditioner which I'm also completely obsessed with!
2. Before blow drying, I spray Living Proof Instant Protection all over my hair. I've tried a few heat protectors but this is so far my favorite because it feels completely weightless on your hair while still protecting it from 450 degrees of heat! It also leaves a smooth healthy finish to my hair.
3. After leaving my hair air dry for a few minutes, I use Gisou honey infused hair oil on my ends. I love how this oil doesn't weigh down your hair and it really helps with my dry ends before blow drying.
4. After curling my hair, I use Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel Styling Cream - this leave in styling cream nourishes and reconditions dry hair from the shea butter and jojoba oil in it. It's the perfect way to sculpt your waves, I use a small amount on my finger tips and run it through my ends.
5. Next up, I need some volume! I use Ouai Dry Texture Foam - to give it that instant lift and messy undone look. I love how powerful the Ouai foam is, you don't need a lot and it really gives your hair a whole new life! It's invisible and it holds some added thickness to your roots.
6. Lastly, I spray Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. I can't go anywhere without this spray, I hate the feeling of hairspray so I basically avoid all of them, except the Oribe Texture Spray is a true game changer. After combing out my waves I spray this from the bottom up for more volume, texture and hold. It's lightweight but powerful.